Invisalign Versus Metal Braces
When it’s time to straighten your teeth, make sure you do research on the different types of straightening treatments available because whether you choose braces or Invisalign with Brooklyn Orthodontics , there are pros and cons to both. Let’s focus on the advantages.
The Advantages of Braces
They may be more obvious than Invisalign, but traditional braces are beneficial in many ways.
- Suitable For All Treatments: If you have multiple dental issues that need correcting, braces can fix each one, ultimately giving you that perfect smile. The anchors and arch wire that pull teeth into place are a powerful treatment when it comes to moving teeth into the correct positions.
- Faster Time Treatment: Many people want to have straight teeth in a short amount of time. Braces work faster than Invisalign when it comes to closing gaps and aligning the teeth.
- Better Results: Even though braces are tougher on the teeth and more visible, they can achieve better results than Invisalign because of how they can force teeth into place, versus Invisalign’s limits.
The Advantages of Invisalign
Invisalign may be the better choice for you and can work just as well as braces. Some of Invisalign’s advantages include:
- Near Invisibility: This is one of the biggest benefits of Invisalign as adult patients are fans of the discrete aspect. Patients enjoy straightening their teeth all while colleagues and clients aren’t aware of the orthodontic treatment.
- Removable: Aligners should be worn 20 – 22 hours a day, but they still come out for eating meals and brushing and flossing. Flossing poses as less of a challenge with Invisalign than if you had braces with wires getting in the way of your at-home teeth cleanings.
- Comfortable To Wear: Invisalign retainers are custom-made to fit your mouth and the needs of your teeth, so there are typically no cuts on the inside of your gums while wearing them.
We offer both braces and Invisalign at Brooklyn Orthodontic, so contact us today for a complimentary consultation on which teeth-straightening treatment will work best for you.